Last Modified on December 15, 2015
Our Privacy Commitment
Purple Pwny Studios L.L.C. (the "Company," "Purple Pwny", "we," "us" or "our") is committed to respecting the privacy rights and concerns of users of Purple Pwny's website (located at http://purplepwny.com), the "Yo to the Yo" website (located at http://yototheyo.pizza), the LDJamerator website (located at http://ldjamerator.com) and other products and websites related to the Purple Pwny brand that may be added from time to time (the "Sites"). As such, we have established and implemented this Privacy Statement to inform visitors to the Sites how we use and protect the information we collect through the Sites. By visiting or browsing the Sites, you consent to Purple Pwny's collection, use, storage, deletion, and disclosure of personal information relating to you as set forth in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement is effective as of the date set forth above and covers our collection, use, and disclosure of information we collect through the Sites.
This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
What Information Do We Collect About You and How Do We Use It?
Types of Information We Collect
Personal information means information that can be used to identify and contact you. Our Sites may be browsed anonymously. If you do not browse anonymously, the Sites may collect personal information from you including your email address, postal address, name, gender, location, social media information, and cookies.
We may collect personal information when you fill in a "contact us" request to receive customer or technical support; subscribe to our newsletter; participate in Site feedback, questionnaires, surveys, or contests; or participate in forums discussions.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personally identifiable information for all legal purposes, including, for example:
- Newsletters. Purple Pwny may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you commercial or marketing messages including, without limitation, newsletters and email communications about our products or services. We will also use your email address to contact you regarding any customer or technical support issues.
- Promotional Giveaways. Purple Pwny may use your email address or other personally identifiable information should you participate in promotional giveaways including, without limitation, cash prizes or merchandise giveaways. We will also use your email address to contact you regarding the rules and results of such promotional giveaways.
- Advertising. Purple Pwny may use your personally identifiable information in conjunction with third-party advertising providers in order to display advertisements on the Sites. See below for more information on this advertising and how to opt out of data collection.
De-Personalizing Your Information
We may make your personal information non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information. You grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully transferable right and license to use your personal information in connection with the creation and development of analytical and statistical analysis tools relating to the use of the customer data we collect on the Sites (the "Analytical Data"). We are expressly authorized to make any commercial use of the Analytical Data, including without limitation, sharing the Analytical Data with third parties.
Cookies and other Technical Information
"Cookies" are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor's browser and are stored on the visitor's hard drive. Like many websites, we employ cookies in certain areas of the Sites to allow us to provide information to make your online experience more convenient and to enhance your experience with the Sites. Cookies are not spyware or adware, and can't deliver viruses or run programs on your computer. A user may configure his or her web browsers to accept or reject or delete the cookies, or notify the user when a cookie is being set.
We may collect other technical information from users of the Sites, including their IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and geolocational information.
We employ third party tracking utility software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. In short, clear gifs enable two websites to share information with one another. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information.
A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a web page and allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel. Purple Pwny uses third party ad servers to support tracking pixels and cookies.
"Do Not Track"
When you visit the Sites, we may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Many web browsers and sites allow users to make use of "Do Not Track" functionality. Please see your web browser's documentation for more information on this functionality, or visit the links below in the section entitled "How to Opt Out of Data Collection" to opt out of data collection and tracking from various third-party sites that may be in use.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other Do Not Track mechanisms, we do not specifically respond to web browser-based Do Not Track signals at this time.
The Sites may use one or more remarketing services, including Google AdWords retargeting, to advertise on third party websites (including but not limited to Google and Facebook) to previous visitors to the Sites. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven't completed a task on the Sites, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on a search engine results page or a site in a particular advertising network.
How to Opt Out of Data Collection
To opt-out of data collection and conversion tracking on the Sites, visit the following links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences
- AdWords: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Bing Ads: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-us
- Twitter: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
You may also use the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative's tools to opt out of interest-based advertising by participating companies.
Also refer to your browser or device's help material to learn what controls you can often use to remove or block cookies or other similar technologies or block or remove other data stored on your computer or device (such as by using the various settings in your browser).
Our Sites use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our Sites and what pages are being viewed.
Social Media Widgets
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, allow them to create accounts, sign up for newsletters, or browse the Sites. Purple Pwny takes children's privacy seriously and encourages parents to play an active role in their children's online experience at all times. We urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when online. If you have any concerns about your child's personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Will Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties
We will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Protection of rights. Purple Pwny will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Sites, or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Purple Pwny, its employees, clients, or users of the Sites.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Purple Pwny's assets or a line of business, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Sites, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, Purple Pwny will use reasonable means to notify you through a prominent notice on the Sites. By sharing your personal information with Purple Pwny, you are giving Purple Pwny consent to transfer your personal information to a third party in an asset transfer described here.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party vendors or service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf or sending newsletters and other communications. For example, we may partner with other companies to process, analyze, and/or store data, including, but not limited to, Analytical Data. Additionally, we may partner with newsletter service providers such as Mailchimp or Aweber to create and send regular newsletters to users who have signed up. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information. To the extent applicable, we require these entities to comply with this Privacy Statement and appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Additional Information You Should Know About Third Parties
Please be aware that we cannot control the activities of third parties to whom we provide data, and as such we cannot guarantee that they adhere to the same privacy and security procedures as Purple Pwny.
What Choices Do You Have About the Collection and Use of Your Personal Information?
When you provide us with personal information by entering in your name, email addresses, or other contact information into the Sites, you consent to our collecting, using, and sharing it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Control of Your Information
Purple Pwny allows you to control the way we use personally identifying information that we might obtain. At the time you provide personal information, Purple Pwny may give you the option of declining any future offers or information about new products, promotions, or services. In addition, many of the "mailings" Purple Pwny may send you, such as newsletters, have procedures within them to cancel the receipt of any future mailings.
Purple Pwny retains the collected data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Thereafter, Purple Pwny deletes all aforementioned data in its possession within a reasonable timeframe. Purple Pwny does not verify the correctness of personal data.
In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information, and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
Please note that some data may be retained if necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Purple Pwny's user agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Sites.
How to Correct or Delete Your Data
Any individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his or her query to the following email address: email@example.com, or postal address at P.O. Box 437, Apex, NC 27502. Please include your full name and email address associated with your account and a detailed description of your data request. We will respond to any request for access within 30 days.
In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information, and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, our customers that are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. See the section above entitled "How We Will Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties" for more information. Furthermore, we give customers a mechanism to opt out of having their personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties and/or receiving information from Purple Pwny (via email or postal mail) about new products, services, or promotions, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or postal address at P.O. Box 437, Apex, NC 27502. Please include your full name and email address associated with your account and a detailed description of your data request.
This Privacy Statement is governed by, and construed under, the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of North Carolina, excluding its choice of law provisions.
By using the Sites, you agree that, in the event any dispute or claim arises out of or relating to this Privacy Statement, you and Purple Pwny will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the matter directly between the parties. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for forty-five (45) days after notification (via certified mail or personal delivery) that a dispute exists, all parties shall join in mediation services in Apex, North Carolina with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys' fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them.
What Security Measures Do We Take To Safeguard Your Personal Information?
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers that are located in secured facilities and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the Sites and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
Notification of Changes
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time and we will post all changes on the Sites. You understand and agree that you will be deemed to have accepted the updated Privacy Statement if you use the Sites after the updated Privacy Statement is posted on the Sites. If at any point you do not agree to any portion of the Privacy Statement then in effect, you must immediately stop using the Sites.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
Purple Pwny Studios, L.L.C.
P.O. Box 437
Apex, NC 27502