Work for Hire
Purple Pwny is a two person full-service independent video game studio. We develop our own IP side by side with the IP of our clients. Our size is one of our greatest assets—offering you the perfect balance of flexibility, affordability, and style. Our indie aesthetic and work ethic is unmatched. You won't find another studio that will work as hard for you as we will.
All work is done in-house, saving you time and money. We are always available to chat, and can collaborate with you to tailor solutions that fit your budget and goals.
The following is a non-exhaustive showcase of projects we've been involved with; it serves to demonstrate the breadth of capacities in which we've contributed.
Our artist, Lux, supplied all pixel art character sprites, animations, and painterly background elements for this design firm's first foray into mobile game development.
We added some punch to this turn-based mobile game's powerups and attacks with hand-drawn effects animations
We contributed conceptual sprites for this 1-bit Pebble watch game, creating life and movement despite severe technical limitations.
iOS Shoot-em up
Nox recorded original music and a palette of spacey sound effects for a sci-fi themed shoot-em up due out on iOS.
Brad's Rough Draft
An advergame for Tough Season, a web series from Lenovo and The Onion. We developed the entire game in 6 days. Play it!
Projects of all sizes
Whether you're looking for an entire game, a soundtrack, or just a few sprites, Purple Pwny can make it happen.
Our contributions to otherwise externally developed projects include:
- Porting of existing games to other platforms
- Concept art to help capture the look and feel of a game before committing to an art direction
- Formal game design documents
- Re-skinning of white label games
- Custom sound effects and music
- Collaborative budget-conscious replacement and improvement of programmer art for programmer/designers
- Engine enhancements, modifications, and bugfixes
We specialize in fast turnarounds without sacrifices to quality. Dayglow Empire and Super Murderwolf were each conceived and produced entirely in under 14 days, and went on to be featured by various media outlets including PC Gamer, IndieGames.com, and Indie Game Magazine. Put our manifest expertise to work for you.
Advergaming is the fusion of advertising with video games; it's marketing made interactive. Advergames allow organizations to truly engage their audience in ways consistently proven to be more effective than passive old-media advertising.
- Advergames can retain a user's attention for longer than a print ad, banner ad, or television spot, with average play times generally exceeding 15 minutes.
- Advergames have a long shelf life; they aren't something that you throw away or have to buy again when your campaign ends.
- Advergames are ready whenever and wherever the player is.
- Advergames are rewarding and associate your brand with enjoyment in the player's mind.
Traditional advertisements are frequently seen as a black box into which money is funneled, and whose true efficacy is notoriously difficult to measure. Advergames, on the other hand, can be outfitted with extensive analytics that provide measurements of exactly how effective your game is at converting users into leads, and, ultimately, into paying customers.
Purple Pwny has the experience to help you achieve your advertising goals for considerably less than you might think.